Welcome to the newest place to be for those that love Traditional Jazz and Swing Music in Hampshire! Opening our doors for the first time on 13th November 2015, Jazz on the Green offers regular evenings of fantastic live music. A non-profit making venture, with any additional funds raised being used to enhance future events and/or provide added benefits to our guests, our aim is to provide a enjoyable evening of fantastic live music.
Tickets available online or by calling 01489 573 144.
Jazz on the Green is held on the second Friday of every month, on the following dates. Doors generally open from 7:30pm for the show to start at 8pm, finishing about 10:30pm.
|Performance||Doors Open||Performance Starts||Buy Tickets|
|11 May 2018||
Miss Amy Baker presents Cheek to Cheek.
The Ella and Peggy Show
|8 June 2018||The Pedigree Jazz Band||7:30pm||8:00pm|
|13 July 2017||Chris Coull's South Coast Big Band||7:30pm||8:00pm|
|14 September 2018||Kevin Grenfell & Richard Leach: Slide by Slide||7:30pm||8:00pm|
|12 October 2018||Chris Walker's Swing Fever
with special guest Mike Snelling
|9 November 2018||New Orleans Jazz Bandits||7:30pm||8:00pm|
If you have any suggestions of bands you would like us to feature, we would love to hear from you.
We strongly recommend that you book early to avoid disappointment. Whilst our venue can seat a maximum of 250 people, we have restricted numbers just under 100 to provide you with a comfortable experience and offer seating around tables where we can. You can save money by booking in advance - either on our website where we offer our cheapest advance prices or by purchasing your ticket for a future event at the venue.
Past experience has shown that our events can be very popular and we would therefore strongly encourage you to book for future performances in advance.
We sell tickets to all listed performances at all times via this website. This is the quickest and easiest way to get your tickets, and our preferred method of providing them to you.
Purchasing at the venue
As part of our collaboration with Sarisbury Green Community Centre, you can now purchase tickets whenever the centre is open instead of only on our performance nights.
Visit the Community Centre during the week between 9am and 1pm, and Monday to Thursday 6pm and 8pm.
The box office is also open during every Jazz on the Green performance.
Purchasing by telephone
As part of our collaboration with Sarisbury Green Community Centre, they can offer you a telephone booking service.
You can purchase tickets by calling 01489 573 114 weekdays between 9am and 1pm, and Monday to Thursday 6pm and 8pm.
What to expect
Jazz on the Green aims to be different to other jazz clubs that you may have been to, and we have taken the time to think about how we can give you extra. By spending your evening with us, we will provide:
- The best live Traditional Jazz and Swing bands that we can find, playing for around two hours with a half-hour interval. You should have a good view too as we have a large stage for them to play on.
- Limited seating around covered, dressed tables - book early to get these best seats! We've got regular seating around the venue too.
- Full bar facilities throughout the evening.
- Raffle in the interval - don't forget to buy your tickets when you arrive!
- Dance floor, space permitting.
- CDs for sale from the band, if they have them on offer.
- Discounts and offers for advance bookings, made online (subject to booking fee) or when you purchase your tickets for a future event before leaving the venue on the night you attend.
- Modern online and venue ticketing systems, enabling you to buy your tickets online safely and securely with TicketSource. Tickets are delivered to your email account and can be printed at home, and are available to re-print should they be lost or damaged.